Inventory Unit Detail
2008 Kawasaki VULCAN 900 CUSTOM
VULCAN 900 CUSTOM
This is a clean Vulcan 900 Custom with 33499 mi. All our pre-owned bikes have gone through our multi-point service inspection.
- 903cc V-twin SOHC engine tuned to deliver healthy dose of torque at low rpm
- Smooth and reliable
- Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft without heavy vibration
- Rubber-mounted to eliminate engine vibration at all speeds
Four-valve Cylinder Head
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow more power and low-end torque
- Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
- Extremely efficient intake tracts feature ports that narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling and increased torque
- Long intake tracts for great low-end response
Liquid and Air Cooling
- Exceptional thermal control with finned cylinders and head and liquid cooling combination
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
- Automatic fan helps keep things cool
- Includes temperature warning light
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
- Maintains precise valve timing with maintenance
- Assures greater reliability
- Hidden from view to preserve the engine's clean, basic look
Dual Slash-Cut Mufflers
- Big slash-cut mufflers look great and contain honeycomb catalyzers to reduce emissions
Positive Neutral Finder
- Just lift the shift pedal from first gear at a stop to find neutral easy, every time
Electronic Fuel Injection
- Dual throttle bodies with sub throttles provide optimum performance and rideability
- The sub throttles, located behind the main throttle valve, are controlled by the ECU so that the DFI® system retains more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
- Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for better acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
- Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action
- More efficient so more power reaches the rear wheel
- Low maintenance and low noise
Double Cradle Frame
- Very rigid large-diameter box section backbone allows a larger fuel tank, and helps contribute to high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds
- Triangular swingarm looks like a hardtail design, but acts on a single shock hidden beneath the seat
- Long and low for minimal seat height, maximum visual impact
- Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at ultra-low speeds
- Long wheelbase contributes to highway stability
41mm Front Fork
- Excellent rigidity and 5.9 inches of travel
- 33 degrees rake and 7.2 in. of trail for excellent straight line stability
- Wide fork pitch for classic look
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- A 300mm front and 270mm rear disc have twin-piston calipers for some of the best stopping power in the class
Custom Cast 21 in. Front Wheel
- Arranged in pairs, the wheel's 18 “spokes” were designed by hand
- Tapered and flanged in two directions, every line and surface of each 3-D spoke is exquisitely curved
Wide Rear Tire
- 180mm rear tire provides added stability while projecting a powerful image
- Wider tire than that found on most large-displacement cruisers
- Custom cast 15” rear wheel contrasts the “light,” tall front wheel
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Gives you the information you need at-a-glance
- Compact design complements the bike's clean look
- Fuel tank features a twin valley design, with a dynamic tension and presence all its own
- Composed exclusively of curves with constantly varying radii, the twin valley design theme continues in the rear fender and its hand-sculpted contours are designed to be pleasing to both the eye and to the touch
- Bottom of the rear fender features a relatively straight cut, to balance the lines of the motorcycle
- Clean headlight design is small and isolated without a central fork cover or headlamp bar
- Chromed headlamp, headlamp mount, lower triple clamp and turn signals as well as footpegs, shift lever and rear brake lever
- Small, minimalist fender and lack of front fork covers also contribute to the slender appearance of the front end
- Sporty, straight-style handlebar adds to the bike's custom styling. Instead of handlebar clamps, twin tubes elegantly curve back from the upper triple clamp. Both the handlebar and twin tubes are completely chromed
- One-piece “gunfighter” style seat is designed for comfortable rider and passenger accommodation and a custom-style look
- Chromed forward-mount footpegs instead of floorboards add to the custom image and improve rider control
- Matte black frame emphasizes the chrome finishing
- Standard toe-operated shift lever instead of a heel-toe shifter
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, SOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, V-Twin
- Displacement: 903 cc
- Bore and Stroke: 88 x 74.2 mm
- Maximum Torque: 60.5 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Fuel Injection: EFI with 34mm Keihin Throttle Bodies (2)
- Cooling: Liquid
- Ignition: TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Transmission: 5-Speed
- Final Drive: Belt
- Rake/Trail: 33°/7.2 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Uni-Trak® swingarm, seven-way adjustable spring preload / 4.1 in.
- Front Tire Size: 80/90-21
- Rear Tire Size: 180/70-15
- Wheelbase: 64.8 in.
- Front Brake / Rear Brake: 300mm hydraulic disc / 270mm hydraulic disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.3 gal.
- Seat Height: 27.0 in.
- Overall Length: 94.7 in.
- Overall Width: 35.2 in.
- Overall Height: 44.1 in.
- Dry Weight: 549 lbs.
- Color: Metallic Diablo Black, Passion Red, Candy Lime Green
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, SOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, V-Twin
- 903 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 x 74.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- (2) EFI with 34 mm Keihin Throttle Bodies
- TCBI with Electronic Advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm hydraulic telescopic fork; Wheel travel: 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® swingarm, seven-way adjustable spring preload; Wheel travel: 4.1 in.
- Front Brakes
- 300 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- 270 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 64.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.0 in.
- 7.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal
- Dry Weight
- 549 lbs
- Final Drive
- Metallic Diablo Black, Passion Red, Candy Lime Green
- 12 Months; Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months