Inventory Unit Detail
2012 Honda FOURTRAX FOREMAN 4X4
Built to work — even harder.
Honda's Foreman family of all-terrain vehicles have always been the machines to count on when you need an ATV that's not afraid to take on the tough jobs. And this year they're better than ever: Stronger, smarter, even harder working, whether it's around the ranch, factory, or your favorite trail.
How can that be? Because in addition to four-wheel drive and Honda's innovative Electric Power Steering, the Foreman line now features Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI). That means you get more efficient fuel delivery, easier starting in cold conditions, and less maintenance. While we were at it, we gave the Foreman a new look too, with new, aggressively styled bodywork, plusher suspension, and a more comfortable seat.
So tackling those tough jobs just got a whole lot easier if you hire the right Foreman to take charge of your jobsite.
The Foreman's new fuel-injection system means you'll get an ATV that works harder, with better fuel management and plenty of power and torque for those tough jobs.
A whole new look.
The Foreman line's new bodywork gives it a tough new look. But it does more than just look good: It's still designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings of the job or the woods, to help protect you from mud and other debris, and to keep looking good as long as you own your Honda.
Works hard. Rides easy.
The better your new Foreman rides, the shorter your workday will seem. That's why we gave our 2012 Foreman line a plusher suspension, better ergonomics, and a new, softer seat. It all adds up to a Foreman with a more comfortable ride that is looking out for number one—and that's you.
Accessories as tough as the ATVs they're on.
Coming soon: When you're riding the best ATV on the planet, only the best accessories will do—Honda Genuine Accessories. These accessories are designed specifically for your Honda vehicle and feature the same quality and durability you've come to expect from Honda.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Foreman's overhead-valve, semi-dry sump design creates an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity and increasing ground clearance.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout
- Fuel Injection: The Foreman's all-new fuel-injection system does more than just deliver crisp, seamless performance and ensure hassle-free operation in cold conditions and varying altitudes. It also improves throttle response and returns better fuel efficiency.
- Liquid Cooling: Our time-tested Honda engine is liquid-cooled, which provides more consistent operating temperatures and more power than a comparable air-cooled motor. This adds up to better performance and longer engine life.
- New Styling: The Foreman line's new bodywork gives it a tough, new look. But it does more than just look good: It's still designed to last, despite the scrapes and dings of the job or the woods, and to help protect you from mud and other debris.
- TraxLok®: Our rock-solid reliable mechanical system lets you choose either 2WD or 4WD, giving you the freedom to choose between lighter steering (in 2WD) and maximizing traction (4WD) when you need it most.
- More Comfortable Seat: A softer seat and more open rider triangle (Bars/Seat/Pegs) teams up with the new suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and your new Foreman is no exception.
- Revised Suspension: With new, more plush suspension front and rear the Foreman absorbs bumps so you don't have to. That means you can work longer too—without feeling like you have.
- Engine Type: 475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: Keihin® 36mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential
- Clutch: Automatic
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.7 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 6.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic 196mm disc
- Rear Brakes: Sealed 180mm mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 83.7 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 47.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 7.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Seat Height: 34.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 626 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Turning Radius: 10.5 ft.
- Model Id: TRX500FM
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted four-stroke
- 475 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 92 mm x 71.5 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 36mm throttle body
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 6.7 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic 196mm disc
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Travel
- 6.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed 180mm mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10-12
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 7.6 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 83.7 in. x 47.4 in. x 47.1 in.
- 50.4 in.
- Drive Train
- Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and torque-sensitive front differential
- Five-speed with Reverse
- Red, Olive
- One year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.