Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Honda MRT260
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Trials riding requires a subtle touch. It’s all about precision, and a precise connection between rider and machine. Honda and Montesa have teamed up for a perfect balance too, delivering a bike with Montesa’s legendary trials knowhow and Honda’s equally legendary engine technology. Top it off with state-of-the-art suspension, and you get two of the best specialist motorcycles available in the world.
Check out these two great options: The Cota 4RT260 is a cutting-edge trials bike, the perfect combination of Honda’s engine technology and Montesa’s world-championship trials experience. Want to ride what the champions ride? Then check out the Cota 300RR Race Replica. With its 288cc engine, it’s even lighter than the feathery Cota 4RT260. Both Cota models offer twin ignition maps for varying riding conditions, a perfect example how Honda brings cutting-edge engine technology to the trials class.
No matter which Cota you choose, you’re getting one of the best pure trials bikes ever built—a marriage made in motorcycling heaven.
- Chassis: Both Cota models use an aluminum chassis with a gorgeous finish, showcasing the classic lines and the impeccable manufacturing quality. The Cota 300RR also features supple settings for the Tech fork, similar to those used by factory riders. The muffler uses reinforced mounts, and the rear-brake pedal is short to avoid impacts and allow the rider more freedom of movement.
- PGM-FI Engines: Both Cota models feature fuel-injected power that’s easy to modulate, for the surgical power delivery so critical to trials riding. Specifically tuned for low-rpm response, they’re also extraordinarily flexible, with plenty of power and torque all the way through the rev range. A bigger cylinder bore and longer stroke means the Cota 300RR displaces 288cc, while the 4RT260 provides a reliable 259cc four-stroke engine. A high-pressure fuel pump helps give the engine a strong power curve.
- Advanced Engineering: The Cotas’ Honda engines use battery-less digital ignition systems, and include a bank-angle sensor to switch off the ignition when the motorcycle is lying on the ground. The Cota 300RR also incorporates a magnetic kill switch.
- Brakes and Wheels: Both 2018 Montesa Cota models are equipped with a 4-piston monoblock front-brake caliper. Each Cota uses 32-spoke wheels. The rear wheel features an innovative system incorporating central-adjustment spokes for a significant weight reduction, and which also allows the Cota to fit tubeless tires. The Cota 300RR comes with premium Michelin X11 tires, laser-engraved hubs, and light DID aluminum rims.
- Dual-Map ECU: Does your course feature sections with poor traction, followed by sections with better grip? No problem—the 300RR and 4RT260 both feature a handlebar-mounted mode switch that lets you choose between two maps/modes to change engine power delivery. And the 300RR even includes special ECU mapping that improves engine response in the low and middle rpm ranges.
- Kickstart Lever: Both Cota models feature a long kickstart lever, helping ensure easy one-kick starts no matter where you are on the course.
- Premium Suspension: The Montesa Cota 4RT260 offers an adjustable 39mm TECH fork and R16V shock for the Pro-Link rear suspension. The Cota 300RR features a TECH fork with lightweight aluminum tubes and a Showa rear shock designed to improve handling, and overall feel.
- Three-Ring Piston: The 300RR features a three-ring piston for better sealing and improved durability. The piston is light and designed with a flat top, reducing vibration and making combustion more efficient at low rpm.
- Engine Type: 259cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 78.0mm x 54.2mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 28mm throttle body
- Ignition: Electronically controlled digital transistorized
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, four-valves
- Transmission: Close-ratio five-speed transmission
- Final Drive: #520 chain; 10T/41T
- Front Suspension: 39mm Tech cartridge-type telescopic fork w/ preload extension adjustments; 6.9 in. stroke
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link system, R16V single shock absorber w/ preload extension adjustments; 6.7 in. stroke
- Front Brake: Single 185mm hydraulic disc with 4-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Rear Brake: Single 150mm hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Front Tire: 2.75-21 Dunlop
- Rear Tire: 4.00-18 Dunlop
- Wheelbase: 52.0 in.
- Rake: 23 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 63mm (2.48 in.)
- Seat Height: 25.6 in.
- Curb Weight: 170.2 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: .5 gal.
- Ground Clearance: 13.2 in.
- Model ID: MRT260H
- Available Colors: White/Blue/Red
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 78.0mm x 54.2mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 28mm throttle body
- Electronically controlled digital transistorized
- Front Suspension
- 39mm Tech cartridge-type telescopic fork w/ preload extension adjustments; 6.9 in. stroke
- Front Brakes
- Single 185mm hydraulic disc with 4-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Front Tire
- 2.75-21 Dunlop
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link system, R16V single shock absorber w/ preload extension adjustments; 6.7 in. stroke
- Rear Brakes
- Single 150mm hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Rear Tire
- 4.00-18 Dunlop
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 170.2 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- .5 gal.
- 52.0 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 25.6 in.
- 63mm (2.48 in.)
- 23 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Close-ratio five-speed transmission
- Final Drive
- #520 chain; 10T/41T