2020 KTM 300 XC TPI
Call for Price
Unrivaled Power-To-Weight Ratio: Take the unrelenting ferocity of an SX bike, add a few extra horsepower and torque, a longer-range fuel tank and an 18" rear wheel to accommodate more rubber, and you're well-armed to dominate the dirt. In a nutshell, the KTM 300 XC TPI is arguably the most accomplished cross-country racer available and now proudly adds TPI to its name and further demonstrates KTM's unrelenting commitment to 2-stroke advancement.
- The engine of the KTM 300 XC TPI has been known and respected for being the most powerful 2-stroke engine in its class. 2-strokes really do have a future at KTM. Thanks to state-of-the-art engineering, innovative 2-stroke design, a newly developed cylinder and revolutionary TPI fuel injection technology, the new powerplant is more refined than ever before, delivering class-leading power throughout the entire rev range. The benefit of the updates to this compact, lightweight 2-stroke, is reflected in the highly effective power delivery and easy rideability. Oh, and of course don't forget that 2-stroke snarl.
- Cylinder: This compact cylinder with a 72 mm bore and with refined port timings and the aid of a sophisticated power valve, provides smooth and controllable power characteristics. For the EFI application the cylinder features two lateral domes which hold the fuel injectors that supply fuel to the rear transfer ports. The downstream injection guarantees excellent atomization of the fuel with the upstreaming air. Thus, the loss of unburnt fuel is minimal, resulting in less emissions, a more efficient combustion and reduced fuel consumption. A small tube in the back of the cylinder is connected with an intake pressure sensor, which supplies pressure data to the control unit. The exhaust port layout increases engine performance, while the upper contour of the exhaust port has been machined to ensure more accurate port timing. The new cylinder, with TPI technology, produces outstanding performance over the entire range with significantly increased torque compared to its predecessor.
- Crankcases and engine covers: The compact engine cases are manufactured using a high pressure die-cast production process which helps with weight reduction, while retaining strength and durability. The design allows for optimal shaft arrangements close to the center of gravity, resulting in ideal mass centralization and easier ride-ability. The engine covers feature a smart surface structure which reduces wear caused by the rider's boots, keeping them looking as fresh as the day you bought your XC TPI.
- Transmission: A robust 6-speed semi-close transmission features gear ratios perfectly in sync with the 300's power band. An advanced ´No Dirt´ gear shift lever design prevents mud and sand from jamming the joint of the lever and guarantees trouble-free shifting.
- Always optimal: KTM's proven cooling system routes the coolant from the cylinder head through the frame triangle, directly to aluminum radiators. Thanks to flow optimized internal circulation and CFD-calculated ventilation, the system is superbly efficient. In addition, radiator protections improve heat dissipation. Especially in the mud. They are also integrated into the front part of the shrouds to protect the radiators from impact.
- Shaped for performance: When it comes to improved power delivery and performance, the new exhaust plays a key role and packs a punch that is hard to beat. The KTM 300 XC TPI features new HD exhaust pipes (heavy-duty) made by using an innovative 3D stamping process which produces a ripped surface finish. This makes the pipe much stronger, with better resistance against rocks, while also helping to reduce noise drastically.
- The KTM 300 XC TPI has a lightweight, high-tech steel frame. It plays an integral role in the bike's renowned maneuverability, while also providing accurate rider feedback. Its refined flex characteristics ensure the bike soaks up those big hits while still delivering excellent agility and high-speed stability. The chassis also features additional innovative elements like “no dirt" footpegs. For 2020, the suspension features improved damping characteristics. The reworked settings offer a slightly softer, more comfortable feel that, together with the dynamic, performance-oriented chassis, contribute to an intuitive, high-performance ride like no other.
- Optimal control: The high-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame has a knack for easy handling, outlandish rideability, precise cornering and excellent stability. You can also count on precisely calculated stiffness of the frame. This results in better absorption of the energy created from the front and rear suspension, sucking up jumps and bumps. In short: more comfort and less rider fatigue. Laterally attached, lightweight aluminum engine head stays (the connection between cylinder head and frame) contribute to more precise cornering and a reduced vibration level. The engineers were able to pull off all that, while making their frame 2.2 pounds lighter than that of the lightest competitor on the market. In addition, it is easier to maintain, easier to work on and supplies more space for the tank and other components. The bike also features an extra-light subframe made of aluminum, which tips the scales at less than 2 pounds.
- Swingarm: The cast aluminum design offers low weight and a perfect flex behavior. The single-component casting process eliminates any inconsistencies and inherent weak points created by welding. It's better looking too.
- The KTM 300 XC TPI is fitted with lightweight, CNC-machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and black spokes with lightweight aluminum nipples providing maximum stability at minimum weight. The latest Dunlop Geomax AT81 tires guarantee perfect traction and outstanding performance.
- Front suspension: The lightweight WP XACT front fork with AER technology, a 48 mm USD air-sprung fork developed by WP in close collaboration with KTM, is a split fork with separate functions for each leg. That means damping functions are on the right side, whereas the air spring is in the left. This left leg features a 2-chamber system with a capsuled air cartridge to prevent loss of air pressure. Should the outer seal start to leak, the internal cartridge pressure will keep the bike in position. The air spring is easy to adjust to any rider weight via a single air valve. No extra special tools are required; the fork air pump is supplied with the bike. The right fork leg integrates a damping cartridge that tailors to all your damping needs. It can be adjusted to the track conditions and the rider's preferences with a twist of a dial (compression from the top, rebound from the bottom, 30 clicks each). Right off the dealer floor, this fork (with reworked damping characteristics and new piston) is more comfortable and more sensitive than ever. But you can still hammer the hell out of it.
- Rear suspension: The WP XACT shock absorber has been developed with the entire frame and swingarm architecture in mind, including the linkage system and the WP XACT front forks. It features machined and anodized components and is a valuable, high-end product compared to roughcast reservoirs. A new, confidence inspiring setting with improved damping characteristics perfectly matches the front-end set-up and its WP color scheme lets everyone know you have excellent taste in suspension.
- Triple clamp: Top quality, CNC machined triple clamps have been a KTM trademark for years to ensure precise handling. The rubber damped handlebar fixation allows for two positions and an hourmeter is fitted in order to let the rider know it's time for a service.
- Superior braking feel: These high-tech Brembo brakes are combined with lightweight wave discs. You couldn't brake any harder, better, faster or stronger.
- Simple and effective: All XC 2-stroke models have lightweight polyethylene tanks fitted with an integrated fuel pump system and capacity of 2.25 gallons. Inside threads on the filler cap make for an easy and reliable closure. Manufactured using see-through plastic, you will always be able to see how much fuel remains at a glance.
- Simple and effective: The air filter box design offers maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, while ensuring maximum airflow. The large Twin Air filter is mounted in a stiff cage, which at the same time holds the system in place. This design is so simple, you could still pop a fresh one in with a face full of mud. Without tools. In seconds.
- In order to tame the KTM 300 XC TPI, riders need to be able to move freely. Perfect ergonomics and contact points provide maximum comfort in movement and ensures that the same READY TO RACE ergonomics of previous years have been retained for 2020.
- Centralized control: KTM engineers sure know how to handle handlebars. This tapered one, made of high-strength aluminum, is fixed in damped rubber mounts and has two different positions. ODI lock-on grips make grip changes easy and do not require any wire or glue to be secured.
- Innovative engineering: Sophisticated ´No Dirt´ footpegs prevent smudging up the pegs, even when digging in deep ruts. Looking for a higher riding position? Then just mount the footpegs of the EXC models, which are 6 mm higher than the XC versions.
- KTM R&D, KISKA Design and all our factory riders had their say in shaping the plastics with one goal: complete harmony between rider and bike. Perfect ergonomics and contact points provide maximum comfort in movement on the XC TPI. The I-beam structures of the front and rear fenders guarantee maximum stability and a low weight thanks to well thought-out construction and mounting. They also stay cleaner for longer.
- Aggressively styled: Simply riding a KTM 300 XC TPI attracts the attention of onlookers, but the new inlay graphics definitely make them turn for a second look.
- Boasting a newly developed control unit with an all-new wiring harness and several individual sensors, the new KTM XC-W TPI models feature the most modern engine management system of any 2-stroke off-road motorcycle. Utilizing various sensor data such as intake and ambient air pressure, throttle valve position, water temperature, and an electronically controlled oil pump, the control unit works tirelessly to optimize ignition timing and fuel injection for perfectly smooth power delivery.
- Displacement: 300 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Bore: 72 mm
- Stroke: 72 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Multi-plate clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Continental EMS
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Front suspension: WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke
- 300 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 72 mm
- Fuel System
- Continental EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP XACT-USD, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP XACT Monoshock with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.